Monday, November 8, 2010

Our 1st week as a family

Well today marks our 1 week as a true family and it has been so wonderful, hard and rewarding.  In this past week I have learned so much about Liam Panshu, he loves to play peek-a-boo (you don't even have to hide, he just loves the way it sounds) he eats everything, expects Lettuce (he just doesn't like the look of it) He loves to be held by Mami  (ALLOT!!!) gets cranky without a afternoon nap and love to get his way (not that he always does). Liam Panshu has been a true God sent, we could not have been blessed more with such a sweet, strong,healthy, beautiful boy. Now we have has a couple of situations like attachments issues, he seems to have bonded to more to me then my husband.  This has lead to a couple of concerns, up to now he will only allow me to feed and bathe him or even cuddle, if I leave the room (no matter where we are) HE HAS A FIT! Yells for Mami and won't stop crying until he sees me.  At the Orphanage there were only nannies no male figures expect for Director and he or was not around the kids that much, so pretty much he does not feel safe around men.  This week we have been working on that and there has been some process, my husband and him play for awhile and I try to distance myself little by little until I leave the room. Of course he has noticed but it's getting better.  Last night we experience our first (hopefully last) night terror.  Liam woke up about 1:00 am just screaming and kicking but I notice he eyes were shut, then I realized what it was.  It broke my heart to think that he is so stress out because of all of the changes in his life,well..... who wouldn't be.  The night terror lasted about 45 minutes to an hour we didn't want to wake him up at first (I thought he may go in to shock or something) but he woke himself up and just wanted to cuddle for awhile.  We hope that this will not happen anymore but who know.  Other thing about Liam, no matter where we go, he always draws a crowd. When we went to the Temple in Hohhot the Monks gather around and asked bout him and said he was a very handsome boy.  When we visted the Museum of Inner Mongolia the girls who worked there just thought he was beautiful and charming.  That's my Boy!!!!!
 
We are still adjusting to one other and we are all loving it, we have already play so many family games, laughs and plenty of family hugs.  I will leave you with a couple of pic of the star of the show.  Enjoy!
 
 
  


2 comments:

  1. Dear family!

    You have no idea how long I've being waiting for you guys to "show up" hahaha. This week for me was like eternity...lol, every single day like four times a day checking on your blog..lol

    I know this whole new life must be time consuming and that you all are experiencing a lot of changes. I just want to tell you that you are in my prayers every single day. Love when you say that YOUR boy is beautiful and charming, indeed HE IS!!! Thank you for sharing all your experiences, it gives me hope and keeps me hanging there!
    Love you and can't wait to meet your gorgeous, handsome little guy!
    Gilca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been fun reading your blog...we hope to be in Hohhot before the year is out.
    Don't worry about your husband and son, they will find their way together. My daughter was like that and it took about 3mos before she went to him all on her own. Now they love to do stuff together. It will come for your family as well.

    ReplyDelete