Monday, May 24, 2010

4 months and a day..... Next Steps 4 meses y un dia.....próximo pasos


I can't believe it has been 4 months and a day since the we received our PA (Pre Approval).  Time has gone by quickly, but not fast enough that we can pick up our boy in Baotou.  It's been really difficult to wait and I have had so many friends and family ask: "Did you get him yet??" "Why is it taking so long?" and it gets complicated trying to explain the next and final steps to people who really don't understand the adoption process.  I really hate that when they ask, of course you try to explain in detail (to educate them) and the look on their face is like "Get to the point", so I have learned to just say "There is still some paperwork to be done, I'll let you know when I'm leaving". Simple and forward. Thank God for FCC Groups and other family adopting from China, it's amazing how we speak a Universe language  and how each of us go threw the same stages just at different times.  Well, the following is the next step in this process:

I-800A – Supplement 3: USCIS requires families to update their home study if they must amend the approval section of their home study to meet that of their adopted child. Since our home study was already about to expire and originally we ask for a healthy child we had to update and amend the changes. I just sent this information out on Tuesday; I’m hoping to hear back from the USCIS in about 7-30 days with an approval.


1800 and I-864W: Since my I-797C is a generic approval to adopt a foreign born child. Now that I have received my official referral, I will need to file the I-800 and I-864W forms to gain permission to bring my specific child (My Pan Shu). This should take about 10- 30 days for approval.

NVC confirmation: Once my I-800 is approved, the National Visa Center will send me a letter stating my approval has been sent to the Consulate. We send this letter to the Consulate along with my child’s visa application (DS-230). The timeframe to receive this letter varies.


Article 5: This is a document the consulate issues to my agency’s courier stating that all of my immigration approvals are up to date and we are approved to adopt Liam Pan Shu. This is picked up by our agency’s staff and then sent to the CCAA. This takes 2 weeks from the time my child’s visa application (DS-230) is dropped off.

Travel Approval: Once the CCAA has my signed LSC and the consulate’s Article 5, they will begin working on our Travel Approval. This takes them about 2-3 weeks to send to us.

And that's it!!!! Off to China to pick up our Boy!!! I thought that we would be leaving maybe in June but it looking like maybe August or September. I'm praying everyday that it goes by quickly.

________________________________________________

Yo no puedo creer que haya pasado 4 meses y un día desde que recibimos nuestro PA (Pre Aprobación). El tiempo ha ido súper rápido, pero no lo bastante rápido que podemos recoger a nuestro chico en Baotou. Ha sido realmente difícil de esperar y he tenido tantos amigos y la familia pregunta: ¿"Ya tiene el nene"? "Por qué toma tanto tiempo"? y se complica cuando tratado de explicar los próximos pasos finales a personas que realmente no comprenden el proceso de adopción. Odio realmente que cuando preguntan, pues claro trato de explicar con todo detalle (educarlos) y la mirada en la cara es como "llegas al punto por favor", así que he aprendido a decir "Hay todavía algún papeleo para cumplir, y de dejo sabe cuando salgo a buscarlo". Sencillo y directo. Le doy gracias a Dios para los Grupos de FCC y otra familias que adoptan de China, asombra cómo hablamos un idioma Universal y cómo cada uno de nosotros pasamos por las mismas etapas solamente en tiempos diferentes. Bien, el siguiente son los próximos pasos en este proceso:




I 800A – Suplementa 3: Nuestro estudio de hogar fue ya acerca de expirar y originalmente pedimos a un niño saludabe  y tuvimos que actualizar y enmendar los cambios. Acabo de enviar esta información el martes; espero que me envian la carta del USCIS acerca de 7-30 días con el aprobación(I797C).

1800 y I-864W: Como mi I797C es una aprobación genérica de adoptar a un niño nacido extranjero, y ahora que he recibido mi referencia oficial, yo deberá archivar el I-800 y I 864W formas para obtener permiso para traer a mi niño específico (Mi Pan Shu). Esto debe tomar acerca de 10- 30 días para la aprobación.



La confirmación de NVC: Una vez que mi I-800 y I864W son aprobados, el Centro Nacional de Visa me enviará una carta que indica mi aprobación ha sido enviada al Consulado Americano. Nosotros le enviamos esta carta al Consulado junto con aplicación de la visa de mi niño (DS-230). El tiempo para recibir esta carta varía.

El artículo 5: Esto es un documento que el consulado entregas al mensajero de mi agencia que indica que todas mis aprobaciones de inmigración están al día y somos aprobados para adoptar Liam Pan Shu. Esto es recogido por el personal de nuestra agencia y entonces enviado al CCAA. Esto toma 2 semanas del tiempo aplicación de la visa de mi niño (DS-230) es dejado.

 Aprobación de Viaje: Una vez que el CCAA tiene mi LSC firmado y Artículo del consulado 5, empezarán trabajar en nuestra Aprobación de Viaje. Esto los toma acerca de 2-3 semanas para enviar a nosotros.

¡Y ya!!!! ¡A China para recoger a nuestro Chico!!! Pense que mas or menos en junio pero ahora creo vas hace Agosto or Septiembre. Estoy orando todo los dias para que vaya el tiempo rápidamente.

No comments:

Post a Comment